Don’t you just love these one pot wonders? I sure do, and my dish-washing hubby does too!
In my constant quest to rid our home of boring and repetitive meals, I am always looking for or trying to think up new recipes. One week I decided to come up with a new pasta dish. This recipe is the result. It’s delicious!
ONE POT TOMATO, HERB, AND PARMESAN SPAGHETTI
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes or less
- Total Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1/3 cup butter (may substitute 2 tbsp or so of olive oil)
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- salt to taste
- 1 large or 2 smaller garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 Tbsp dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp dry rubbed sage
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 2 chicken bullion cubes and 2 cups of water)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 lb thin spaghetti
- grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onion and salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and heat for 1 minute. (Don’t let it burn by over-cooking it.)
- Add diced tomatoes, pepper, and herbs. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add thin spaghetti and cook until al dente (about 8 minutes, check the box for exact time)
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Gluten-Free Pasta would probably work just as well, especially the corn-blend pasta which has a stronger texture.
Make it vegetarian by using all water or vegetable broth. If you use all water, you will probably need to add more seasonings.
MY EASY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE:
- slices of homemade or store-bought french bread
- garlic powder (or fresh garlic, if you prefer, rubbed on after broiling)
- dry parsley
- Slather butter on the bread slices.
- Sprinkle the buttered bread with garlic powder and parsley.
- Broil under a LOW broiler until lightly browned (about 4-5 minutes).
What is your favorite One Pot Wonder?